Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Sisters!

Today was our meeting with Gulzhan. We met with her at the same time as our travel partners. It was so wonderful to see her again, and for her to see Cameron! She remembered him and was so happy to see how much he has grown. I felt like we were reacquainting with an old friend. We didn't get a picture of her two years ago, so I made sure to get one today.

She went over the rest of our trip and gave us the dates for our second trip.

From there, we made another run to the Ramstore and then home for lunch and a nap.

Vitali, our driver, will be picking us up at 7:45 a.m. for our 9:30 a.m. flight to Petropavlovsk. Sveta will be our interpretor for the first week, until Marina can come and take over. We spent time with both ladies last time, with Marina being our main translator, and we are looking forward to seeing them both.

We are so close now. Tomorrow, we will meet our daughter, and brother and sister will be united. Tears come to my eyes when I envision Cameron and KJ seeing each other for the first time. Gulzhan told us that KJ is anxiously waiting to see us. And that she talks about Cameron all the time.

We saw the mom who sent us pictures of Katya while at the shelter while we were at the Sisters. She told Tom again how beautiful KJ is and how sweet too.

For anyone interested, I'm using a Canon PowerShot S110 Digital ELPH. It is a couple years old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 1:30 AM in Almaty as I write this and I hope you are sleeping right now. You will need your rest for the big day tomorrow! I remember well the anxious excitement I felt on the flight from Almaty to Petropavlovsk to meet Serik for the first time. I am so excited that you will meet Katya so very soon! We are so happy to be able to follow your trip thru this awesome website.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home