Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ahhh the Mountains!

Today was our trip to the mountains. We woke up to a beautiful sunny day, just right for an outing. Vitali picked us up at 10:30 a.m. and then we picked up Rhonda and Ian.

Our first stop was at the Medeo Ice Skating Rink. It's a huge rink, and they had amusement rides on the outside. We then drove a little further up, so we could have a view of both the rink and Almaty. What amazing, beautiful views. I had someone tell me there was nothing to see up in the mountains. That person couldn't have been MORE wrong! It was breathtaking!

At our second stop, we ran into the Tumbleson's with their son Blake. We drove on up to the ski resort. I think we were at least 9,000 feet up. We had lunch there at an outdoor cafe. I had a delicous bowl of borsch, and Tom had pork kabobs.

After lunch, we took the ski lift up the mountain. Oh my! It was much longer than what I thought it would be. I was a little scared! But Katya wasn't. She giggled the whole way! We got off and took some more photos before taking the lift back down.

The wind was in our face on the way back, so it was very cold! I closed my eyes part of the way, and that helped!

A stop at the Ramstore, and then it was back to our apartment for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home