Friday, October 29, 2004

Another Angel

We met with our SW yesterday at lunchtime to talk about the difference adopting an older child would mean. She told us she'd have the new home study done by the middle of next week. Well...

She got home and couldn't stop thinking about our KJ and how she's been waiting for a family. So, at a little after 10:00 p.m. last night, we received a completed home study for us to review! We had it going back to her a little before 11:00 p.m.

I have an email from her that she sent early this morning. She's made the edits and the home study is on it's way to our home study agency today!

Our placement agency will have to approve it, then it can be finalized, and then we'll get our precious copies for the dossier.

I'm just hoping that we'll get our new I-171H as quickly as the first one. Last month, the USCIS agent approved us the day she received our home study.

Update: When we got home from the doctor's office, there was a phone message from USCIS! The agent was calling to say she'd received our I-824, but reminding us that we had to submit an updated home study before she could process our request. I do believe I'll be bugging your home study agency shortly to find out how soon they'll get the update mailed to USCIS. Maybe there's a chance we'll get our new I-171H next week!


2 Comments:

Blogger Kym Williams said...

Has KJ lived in an orphanage all this time or with her biological family? What an amazing leap of faith for your family! May you have a blessed journey with your new daughter.
Kym

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropped in for a visit, Michele, Tom, K ya and Cameron, while researching stuff on copywriting techniques . Your posts on Another Angel gave me food for thought. I'm particularly looking for information and ideas on copywriting techniques , and the fit wasn't perfect - but I found my visit worthwhile. Feel free to visit me and leave a comment on my site or even submit an article about copywriting techniques if you prefer. The back links will help both of us. Bye for now.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home